Monday, August 31, 2015

August Wrap-up

Wow, was August ever a busy month!

Having time on my hands, I took on a major item from my 'honey-do' list; painting the kitchen. 

Before...
We moved into our house last fall (2014). Built in the 1980s, it features a lot of stained wood-- cabinets, trim, etc.  We have a long list of ideas how to update it. Topping the list is the kitchen. 

Upper cabinets & pantry complete
Wanting to bring some color into the room, and brighten things up a bit, we visited the local hardware store, picked out our colors (beach/coastal theme) and went to work. I am now about three weeks or so into the project. 

As always happens, this project is taking much longer than I anticipated. There were a few missteps along the way, but I eventually hit my rhythm and am getting things done-- along with several other 'honey-do' items. I start working on the lower cabinets after posting this... for now I am enjoying a break in the action, and a cup of Moroccan Mint tea.

The kitchen project did not leave much time to work on this blog's 'to-do' list, but family takes priority,as it should. 

Music has not been totally abandoned during the kitchen project. This past weekend marked the beginning of a new chapter in our church that I was a part of. A lot of construction has been happening recently to expand the seating in the sanctuary, which included last weeks relocation of the stage. I was blessed to be part of the first worship team to take the new stage last weekend. Even though a lot of work is still to be done, it was great being an active part of this new chapter.
Sound check on our new stage
I still intend to work on some of the bass-gear reviews, especially now that the weather has cooled; we were at 100+ several times in the past few weeks. However, those videos will have to be filmed during the few moments of downtime of the kitchen project...

Stay tuned & in tune!~


No comments:

Post a Comment