Thursday, August 25, 2016

108 Days of Practice: Days 21 - 32

14 - 25 Aug

One of the most difficult aspects about committing to a daily practice routine is the unavoidable fact that life happens.  

And these last few weeks life has happened in spades.  My attention to family matters always comes first, and sometimes that means time away from my instrument; which is what happened during the last few weeks.  So, I'll be picking it back up here today and press on.  There were days that I did get some practice in, but they were few and far between.  


Not all that happened was bad.  Even though I elected to cancel a custom build though Kiesel Guitars (a story for another day) I did find a great deal on another used bass-- a five-string no less!  After a few hours on this new bass, having the additional string isn't quite the distraction I thought it would be.  There is still a learning curve, but more on that soon.

In addition to my "Duck" Dunn studies, I've been listening to a lot of old Queen, so a few of those tunes will be moved up the practice queue.  Lastly, my practice space will soon be moving to a room with a window as we make updates to our house-- for that I'm excited!  Getting back to my practice routine is something I very much look forward to...

...stay tuned, and in tune! 


No comments:

Post a Comment