Thursday, February 23, 2017

Music Room Remodel Pt. 2

Here's the latest on my music room remodel:


Searched through a bunch of different molding options over the last few weeks.  Came home with solid wood moldings, but quickly realized each piece was warped(!) Returned those for MDF, got them home only to discover they would be too heavy for my use (I don't want to use adhesive along with nails).  


Back to the hardware store (1hr round trip each time) returned the MDF for PVC composite moldings.  Much easier to install by myself, straight as an arrow and pre-finished; third time is a charm!  Completed hanging them yesterday.  BTW, I used the hammer-&-nail method rather than using a nail gun-- those dang things are expensive! (LOL!)

With that behind me I started on the support for the guitar hangers.  After measuring things up, I decided to hide the mounting bolts of the support behind the guitar hangers:


Today I applied the second coat of paint and filled a few of the knots that didn't want to remain hidden behind the paint.  Tomorrow will be the final coat of paint, then I'll be able to assemble everything and bolt them to the walls.  
Also on the ticket for this week is framing & hanging some posters & prints:

During my down times, I've been searching the net for plans to build a desk, though I am also going to search local re-stores with an eye for something I can repurpose-- might save some time and look good along the way.  

Stay tuned and in tune! 

No comments:

Post a Comment