Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Talent, or Hard Work?

Just came across this clip from Scott Devine that I had to share with everyone here.

Scott is talking about his students that were born with a "talent" for the instrument, and those who had to work harder.  

Consider that a person with a talent for music simply means that they pick up on things easier.  For those of us less talented, we can achieve the same results-- we just need to work harder to get there.  



Over the last week or so, I have been in the shed working on a favorite RUSH tune, Tom Sawyer.  This is the first Geddy Lee tune I have attempted because I thought there was no way on earth I could keep up with my favorite bassist.  The crazy thing is, that I am nearly through it-- and yes, it has been a lot of work!

Once I finish the song, I will be turning my focus to theory: Chord Tones, Scales and arpeggios.  After watching Scott's video something occurred to me; the accomplishments I am most proud of are those which were the most challenging. Therefore, it's off to the wood shed...!

Stay tuned & in tune!    

No comments:

Post a Comment