Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 6: The Importance Of Keeping It Fun

So I haven't picked up the bass since last weekend's Softer Sunday service. I know, that's counter to the whole idea of this project, but this turned something I enjoy into a chore-- so I decided to take a break and reassess my approach. Now I'm ready to get back to it.

As I write this, we are still in negotiations for the house we are trying to buy; today is the deadline for their latest response to our post-home inspection offer. I imagine we will be volleying offers all week. Two moving companies will be visiting today to provide us with quotes for moving across town. The first rep is due to arrive in 30min or so...

These guys know how to have fun!
Each of the next four weekends I'll be playing with our worship band-- mostly Softer Sundays. All the songs have been posted and I've got the chord sheets for each tune. Typically though songs and keys change throughout the week, which means I've got enough to keep me busy for the next month or so.

Since I took a week off from practicing, I'll extend my project a week-- after all, the long term goal is to improve my skills-- right?!

One thing is sure-- I've learned the importance of keeping it fun~

No comments:

Post a Comment