Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Halfway Review

Tuesday

Looking back over the last four weeks, I notice I've not been practicing nearly as much as I had planned. There are several reasons for this, mainly our house hunting adventures. So much of my mental energy has been focused on the process of buying a house that I've neglected the bass. Is this a bad thing? Well, not really. We all have to identify our priorities and do what we think is best.

There is another dynamic at work here as well. In a way, this project has turned what I've thought of as fun, into work. There were times when I made excuses to avoid being cooped up in my tiny music room. So I'm going to loosen my belt a bit over the remaining four weeks and not be so ridged about being in there daily. Maybe that will make it feel less like work, and bring a little fun back into the project. Also, I'm going to really pull back from the house buying process. There is a 50/50 chance we will close on the house we are currently under contract with, so if it doesn't work out we will keep looking, but with less urgency-- my wife and I are both burnt out over the entire process.

At church, I have one weekend in August free-- this coming weekend. The rest of the month I am scheduled to play with our worship team; something I am really excited about. Hopefully September will be full.

Another thing I've been enjoying this summer is following my LA Dodgers via MLB-TV. I even got to watch each of the three games against the SF Giants over this past weekend. We swept our rivals to take over first place in the NL West. The Giants even brought in a ringer from the Red Sox-- Jake Peavy-- for Sunday's game three. Even with him hitting a home run, we still won. Go Blue!!


No comments:

Post a Comment