Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Life Can Pass By Pretty Quickly; Catching Up

Wed, July 9th

Monday came and went so fast
Barely noticed Tuesday pass
Wednesday just couldn't stick around
Thursday Friday Saturday
What happened to them I can't say
I'm losing time and losing ground


Man, where does the time go?!

Whats been happening since last Tuesday?

Tired of renting, my wife and I have been house hunting. It is amazing how much time can be spent in this venture-- especially when you have a  rather limited budget and have specific criteria the house must meet. Which ever house we choose is likely to be the house we grow old & die in-- so we know what we want and are not going to settle for less. All that to say, this is likely going to take a while.

Add to that, our 10th wedding anniversary was last week, so we took some time off and visited Snoqualmie Falls. If you've ever seen the 1990's TV show, Twin Peaks, this is where it was filmed. This year also happens to mark the 25th anniversary of Twin Peaks.

More house hunting, late nights and finally yesterday-- our weekly date night. Dinner then Transformers 4. A great night.

Snoqualmie Falls; i.e. The Great Northern
Additionally I'e been trying to sell some guitar gear via the online classifieds, Craigslist in order to fund some new bass gear. My experience doing so has revealed a sad commentary on the psychological state of our country-- it seems every expects something for nothing. Quantity over quality... instant gratification. Dealing with this situation has also consumed a good deal of my time.

But in the end, the answer is simple-- I failed to make time for my bass practice. Call it life getting in the way, or simple procrastination-- a full week has passed without a moment of bass practice.

This all ends tonight. Taking a break from house hunting, my wife and I went out for a nice dinner. Fish tacos for her, mac & cheese with a Cesar salad for me. Now she is catching up on the TV show Falling Sky's, and here I am in the woodshed catching you up on the past week.

So here I am-- ready to practice before calling it a day & hitting the sack.

Tune in tomorrow to see how it goes~

Stay tuned & in tune!


No comments:

Post a Comment