Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 4 Review

Monday:
After a weekend spent dealing with the craziness of the sellers agents, we decided to make another offer for the house. Knowing it is the seller's agent, not the seller behaving badly, we gave the seller a second chance at our original offer. The difference being the poor showing at Sunday's open house.

Bass notes:
I have the music for next weekends Softer-Sunday service; a handful of tunes I'm not very familiar with so the practice has been a little more enjoyable. I quite enjoy stretching myself by playing music such as this. They have not posted the MP3s to the planning website, so I'm using Youtube to guess what tunes they are looking for.

Tues:
The seller has countered ten thousand dollars more than we are willing to pay, so we made a counter offer which basically moves around closing costs.

Spent the day in the music room working on the coming weekends setlist. Also worked on improving two that I have down pretty well-- Walking On The Moon (Police), Godzilla (BOC). I need to add more of those classic tunes to my bag. I'm thinking mostly classic R&B stuff...

Wed:
Surprisingly the seller accepted our offer with a few tweaks. Now the deal depends on inspections... have we just bought a house?

Early this week I've been in an email conversation with one of the guys at Bass North West in Seattle about a replacement G&L case. The case I received with my L2000 seems to be a general-fit case and doesn't have the G&L badge anywhere. The owner asked me to bring my bass & its case to their shop so we could try to find something that works better for me. So I made the trip to Seattle's Pioneer Square and we found an older case that I like better. Now I have a case in which the instrument won't slosh about.

Fri-  Thurs:
Two more days in the music room preparing for this Sunday's service.

Sat:
Seattle Highland Games! Again, we've got to have some time off and just enjoy the day-- today was this day for us. It is a yearly gathering of all things Scottish. Bands fore the day were; The Wicked Tinkers followed by The Rouges. It was a good day. I got to recharge my batteries for the week ahead...


No comments:

Post a Comment