Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week 2; Part 2

Thursday:
     6-9pm. Practiced for our Sundays Softer Sunday service at church. This is a weekly service designed for those who prefer lower volume and more traditional songs than those of our regular service. 

     I was already familiar with the five songs so I didn't need to re-learn them, but I did want to learn different places on the neck to play them. By playing the same progression in different octaves I was able to give the song more depth, and enhance the overall feel. I think this has more effect when played on the bass than when on guitar. 

Friday:
     6-10pm. Learned to play the classic rock tune, Godzilla. I found the notation online and ran through it a few times. The most difficult part was the solo, but I got it down pretty quick. So now I've been using it for warmups. I think I'll add learning at least one new tune each week to my practice schedule. Next one?... Funk 49 I think.

     Ran through the songs for this weekend and made sure I had everything down. Two of the three are really upbeat contemporary tunes, the others are more traditional but still fun to play on bass.

Saturday:
     Spent the day house hunting with my wife, we didn't find anything that would work for us, but we did have a great lunch at the San Francisco Street Bakery. 

      Practice this evening was good, but short. Spending the day driving around looking at houses just wore me out. While working on the next days songs I found I couldn't concentrate what I was doing. Initially, I didn't realize how totally and completely tired I was, so I shut everything down and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment